There are diets aimed at losing weight, and there are-for recovery. For example, diet number 5 has a sparing effect on the body and does not allow various diseases to develop.
Today, in dietology and medicine, fifteen dietary regimes are practiced, developed by the Soviet scientist-nutritionist Manuel Pevsner. Each of them is assigned a number, because they are aimed at treating certain diseases. So, diet number 5 is one of these health-improving systems.
The purpose and indications for prescribing diet
Therapeutic diet #5 is intended for people with diseases of the liver, gall bladder and biliary tract. As a rule, it is prescribed by a doctor, so you should not sit on it if you are not sick. It is permissible to adhere to it on their own only if the person knows their exact diagnosis.
This technique is prescribed for the following diseases:
- chronic or acute hepatitis;
- liver disorders, including cirrhosis.
Its main task is to make the disease recede and keep the organs healthy by normalizing their functions.
Rules of the therapeutic diet number 5
The diet recommends that patients adhere to a certain daily calorie intake. In addition, the doctor calculates the patient’s rate of consumption of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Individual approach is important here, but on average the norm looks like this:
- the caloric content of the diet per day should not exceed 2400-2600 kcal;
- you can consume 80 g of fat per day (of which 30% must be of plant origin);
- 350-400 g of carbohydrates per day, of which no more than 70-80 g is sugar;
- 80 g of proteins, 55% of them are of animal origin;
- during the day, you can consume up to 10 g of salt;
- the water rate is 1.5-2 liters per day.